- Botsford Lake is located
approx. 14 km (9 miles) east of the town of Sioux Lookout in the
Patricia Tourist Region of Northwestern Ontario
- co-ordinates: Lat. 50° 08' 18" Long.
92° 39' 32"
- Botsford Lake is part of the English River system
- the Sturgeon River flows into the lake at
McDougall Falls on the northeast side from Marchington Lake and exits
on the southwest end flowing towards Abram Lake
- while the lake reaches maximum depths of 81',
depth is 23'
- the perimeter is approx. 59 km. (37 miles) and
the lake's surface area is approx. 1,447 hectares (3,576 acres)
- major fish species include smallmouth bass,
walleye, pike, whitefish, cisco and yellow perch
- Sioux Lookout hosts a two day Walleye Weekend
tournament usually on the second weekend of June and includes the
waters of Botsford, Minnitaki, Abram and Pelican Lake
- Botsford Lake is situated within Fisheries
Management Zone 4
Botsford Lake: Map
These maps are not navigation
boaters. They are designed for fishing purposes only.
- map size: 12"x18"
- double sided
- black & white
- water depth contour lines
- locations for the major fish species
- access points
- information on fish habits and movements
- fishing tips
- MNR/Travel & Accommodation info. sources
- Price: $10.95 plus taxes & shipping