- Crotch Lake is located at the end of Major Lake
northwest of the village of Madawaska in Algonquin Provincial Park
- co-ordinates: Lat. 45° 39' Long.
- the Opeongo River flows into the lake (from Farm
the west side of the lake and exits into Shall Lake on the southeast.
The lake consists of two sections connected by a narrows
- while the lake reaches maximum depths of 67', the
depth is 20'
- the perimeter of the lake is 11.2 km (7 miles)
- the surface area is 116 hectares (287 acres)
- look for smallmouth bass along rocky shorelines,
points, islands and the narrows connecting to Shall and Farm Lake
- a public access point is located off of the Hydro
Transmission Line Road on the southeast side of the lake
- the major fish species include lake trout,
northern pike and yellow perch
- Crotch Lake is located within Fisheries
Management Zone 15
Crotch Lake: Map
These maps are not navigation
boaters. They are designed for fishing purposes only.
- map size: 12"x18"
- double sided
- black & white
- water depth contour lines
- locations for the major fish species
- access points
- information on fish habits and movements
- fishing tips
- MNR/Travel & Accommodation info. sources
- Price: $9.95 plus taxes & shipping