Onaman Lake: Fast
- Onaman Lake is a fly-in
lake located north of Lake Superior
and east of Lake Nipigon in the Thunder Bay District
- fly-in operators can be
found in Geraldton, Nakina and
- co-ordinates: Lat.
50° 00' 17" Long. 87° 26'
- while there are some deep
areas reaching 62', overall the
lake is quite shallow with an average depth of 7'.
- the perimeter of the lake
is 204 km. (128 miles). It has
many islands, weed beds, rock piles and shoals, sand and rubble
shorelines providing excellent habitat for the 2 major fish species:
walleye and northern pike. Whitefish can also be found in the lake.
- compared to southern
lakes, Onaman's water stay cool
during the summer months
- Onaman Lake is located
within Fisheries Management
Onaman Lake: Map
These maps are not navigation
boaters. They are designed for fishing purposes only.
- map size: 12"x18"
- double sided
- black & white
- water depth contour lines
- locations for the major fish species
- access points
- information on fish habits and movements
- fishing tips
- MNR/Travel & Accommodation info. sources
- Price: $9.95 plus taxes & shipping