|Otter Lake: Quick Facts
- Otter Lake is located south of Parry Sound on the
of Hwy. 400
- co-ordinates: Lat. 45° 16' 41" Long.
- a narrows on the northeast side of the lake
Little Otter Lake. The dam at the Boyne River controls the water level
of Otter Lake
- while maximum depths reach 147', the average
depth is 35'
- the perimeter of the lake is 38 km (24 miles)
- a series of lake trout plantings (ending in 1998)
resulted in a naturally reproducing population. Spawning bed
rehabilitation has also aided this process
- the lake's shoreline provides good cover
submerged logs, rock rubble, overhanging trees and sand stretches) for
bass and pike
- a public boat launch is located off of Otter Lake
the bridge which crosses the narrows between Otter and Little Otter Lake
- major fish species include large and smallmouth
trout, pike, black crappie, cisco, perch, rainbow trout and smelt
- Otter Lake is situated in Fisheries Management
- map size: 12"x18"
- double sided
- black and white
- water depth contour lines
- locations for the major fish species
- access points
- information on fish habits and movements
- fishing tips
- MNR/Travel & Accommodation info. sources
- Price: $9.95 plus taxes & shipping
These maps are not navigation
boaters. They are designed for fishing purposes only.