- Pelican Lake sits along
Hwy. 72 beside the town of
Sioux Lookout in the Kenora District of northwestern Ontario
- co-ordinates: Lat. 50° 07' Long.
- Pelican Lake is part of the English River/Lac
- water flows into Pelican from Abram Lake via the
Frog Rapids. The English River exits the lake on the northwest side via
Pelican Falls. The Vermilion River flows into the lake on the west side
- while the lake reaches maximum depths of 115',
depth is 34'
- the perimeter is approx. 93 km. (58 miles) and
the lake's surface area is approx. 2,342 hectares (5,786 acres)
- major fish species include smallmouth bass,
lake trout, whitefish, perch and muskie
- Sioux Lookout hosts a two day Walleye Weekend
tournament usually on the second weekend of June
- Pelican Lake is situated within Fisheries
Management Zone 4
Pelican Lake: Map
These maps are not navigation
boaters. They are designed for fishing purposes only.
- map size: 12"x18"
- double sided
- black & white
- water depth contour lines
- locations for the major fish species
- access points
- information on fish habits and movements
- fishing tips
- MNR/Travel & Accommodation info. sources
- Price: $9.95 plus taxes & shipping