Lake: Quick Facts
- Sand Lake is located northeast of Kearney along
Hwy. 518 in
the Parry Sound District
- co-ordinates: Lat. 45° 37' 32" Long.
- the lake is part of the Magnetawan River drainage
flows into the lake on the north side and exits on the south
- this bowl shaped single basin lake has depths
195'. The average depth is 72'. The shoreline alternates between sandy
and rock rubble stretches. There is not much weed growth in the lake.
Structural features include a couple of islands, shoreline points, and
areas of fast breaking drop offs
- the perimeter of the lake is 12 km (7.5 miles)
- the lake has been regularly stocked with lake
also has a population of naturally reproducing rainbow trout
- Northern Pike have also moved into the lake via
system from adjoining lakes
- major fish species include smallmouth bass, lake
northern pike, rainbow trout, whitefish and yellow perch
- Sand Lake is located within Fisheries Management
- map size: 12"x18"
- double sided
- black and white
- water depth contour lines
- locations for the major fish species
- access points
- information on fish habits and movements
- fishing tips
- MNR/Travel & Accommodation info. sources
- Price: $9.95 plus taxes & shipping
These maps are not navigation
boaters. They are designed for fishing purposes only.