- Shirley Lake, an Algonquin Provincial Park lake,
northwest of the village of Madawaska
- co-ordinates: Lat. 45° 41' Long.
- to access the lake follow Major Lake Road at the
Madawaska to the access point at Shall Lake. From there it is a matter
of paddling and portaging northward to Shirley Lake
- while the lake reaches maximum depths of 88', the
depth is 24'
- the perimeter of the lake is 20 km (12.6 miles)
- the surface area is 480 hectares (1,188 acres)
- the lake is fished for lake trout and your best
to land a trout is at the start of the season
- the major fish species include lake trout and
- Shirley Lake is located within Fisheries
Management Zone 15
Shirley Lake: Map
These maps are not navigation
boaters. They are designed for fishing purposes only.
- map size: 12"x18"
- double sided
- black & white
- water depth contour lines
- locations for the major fish species
- access points
- information on fish habits and movements
- fishing tips
- MNR/Travel & Accommodation info. sources
- Price: $9.95 plus taxes & shipping